Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Strike
MAlby7,Mar 8 2006, 12:04 PM Wrote:Ya I'm @ Humber and I have a bad feeling that this strike will hurts the students more than help them!
[right][snapback]173887[/snapback][/right]

That's all I see.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
MAlby7,Mar 8 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:Ya I'm @ Humber and I have a bad feeling that this strike will hurts the students more than help them!
[right][snapback]173887[/snapback][/right]

Not to mention the cost of it. Remember time off now means less time off in the summer = less money later on.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Adding to Student woes......... check out my link in the ontario section

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=15942
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
It's a crock.

It's that simple. If the testing methods don't allow for efficient enough marking... move to a computerized method.

If they're this influential for kicking and screaming and making a nuisance of themselves, perhaps some of that energy would be better spent improving the tools they have for prep and marking time.

EDIT - Frost, what else do you want them to do? Bankrupt the colleges and universities because of the mandatory raises and perks? Someone has to pay the extras... and that ends up being the students.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Frost__2001,Mar 8 2006, 04:27 PM Wrote:Adding to Student woes......... check out my link in the ontario section

[right][snapback]173916[/snapback][/right]

I'm so glad I dont deal with any of this school BS anymore. In high school my teachers went on strilke and I got sent down to the VP's office all the time for expressing my thoughts on their gay ass union. :rolleyes:

And now a hike in tuition....My sister just asked for more shifts from work so she could afford her books AND put gas in the car, thats already 15 hours/week. Little to much for somebody thats suppose to be concentrating on her education and not how she's going to pay her way threw school. This world is going down the s***ter and fast.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 8 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Mar 8 2006, 04:27 PM Wrote:Adding to Student woes......... check out my link in the ontario section

I'm so glad I dont deal with any of this school BS anymore. In high school my teachers went on strilke and I got sent down to the VP's office all the time for expressing my thoughts on their gay ass union. :rolleyes:

And now a hike in tuition....My sister just asked for more shifts from work so she could afford her books AND put gas in the car, thats already 15 hours/week. Little to much for somebody thats suppose to be concentrating on her education and not how she's going to pay her way threw school. This world is going down the s***ter and fast.
[right][snapback]173923[/snapback][/right]

I remember the Austrian exchange student from high school. She was telling me that for post secondary students they are not allowed to work while attending school. The government subsidizes their familes ( based on the income status of the family ) while the child is in school so they concentrate on schooling and not anything else.

must be nice
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
^--- I worked 40 hours/week between 3 jobs in university..

didn't sleep much from Friday - Sunday.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 8 2006, 05:23 PM Wrote:^--- I worked 40 hours/week between 3 jobs in university..

didn't sleep much from Friday - Sunday.
[right][snapback]173937[/snapback][/right]

So did I. Actually 20 hours at Mcdonalds and 20-25 at Bell.

I was an honor roll student when working 15-20 hours a week in high school.

Average mark in College was a C+. I didnt do much of my homework assignments, didnt have time.
I worked 25-30 hours a week MINIMUM from high school right through college. It sucked, but i didnt want to owe that much for student loans.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Flofocus,Mar 8 2006, 03:49 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]173923[/snapback][/right]

Books yes, gas in the car is hard to feel sorry for her. Take the bus.

Sorry Flo, but when your sister hits rock bottom then I might feel a little sorrow for her. But gas in a car is hardly a necessity.

I put myself through school working 12hours Friday night, 16 hours Sat., and 8 on Sunday driving a cab atleast twice a month in school.

And my education never failed because I worked hard, was proud to pay for it myself, and had 0 student loans.

Working and paying for school is not something that is new.

You want it, you have to earn it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Flofocus,Mar 8 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:I'm so glad I dont deal with any of this school BS anymore.  In high school my teachers went on strilke and I got sent down to the VP's office all the time for expressing my thoughts on their gay ass union.  :rolleyes:

x2 ..

Right with you pal. I was in the exact same boat in the principals office.
Cant stand teachers or the unions. Theres a few good ones but the rest are greedy whores who couldnt give 2 shi ts about anything.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
^^ x3.

I got busted once by saying if my Dad could hold his own in a job, why couldn't they?

I guess telling them to be reasonable and not expect raises each year like they're free samples at the grocery store is never popular eh? :lol:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
edge 102.1 in toronto is sending a host and bunch of students to protest the strike.

hilarity ensues

Linkage to the audio feed at all? Sitting here swearing at freezing rain is no fun.

you can hit their live feed at edge.ca

p.s. one of the female profs called one of the students there an 'uppity cow'.

more hilarity ensues

Meford, theyre are no buses where my parents live.

She cant live on her own, because, trust me, she's worked it out....its cheaper to live at my parents, use their car and pay her own gas. Gas is a necessity in this case.

And let me add, she's getting A+ average in school now. I can gurantee that will change if shes anywhere near working the same kind of hours I was doing in collge.
Well just the other day, a female striker got arrested in Windsor at the St.Clair College. It just so happened to be a law teacher. She and the others were trying to block the students and teachers that were trying to cross the picket line for night school.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 9 2006, 09:42 AM Wrote:Linkage to the audio feed at all? Sitting here swearing at freezing rain is no fun.
[right][snapback]174061[/snapback][/right]

I'll probably get in serious s*** by our IT department if i try to access the feed. :(
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Man if i lived in toronto i so woulda showed up for that. But living in hamilton there's no way i was dragging my ass outta bed at 4:30 to show up for that.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Teachers Strike habmann 11 4,264 03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Last Post: SangriaRedZX5