Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Intake Went On
I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but the first one makes the strut bar look... discoloured :huh:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/loganteamx - it's the first album below the BBQ pics.

Also a shameless plug for a collection of 100+ pics from the BBQ :D

Before I get ahead of myself (again), props to Oscar TG for stopping by and lendin a hand as we swapped MAF housings (and your electrical tape :P )
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
very nice, no clearance issues?
AHAHAHA you have no idea!!! But it's very stable. I had to wedge a piece of Dynomat by the one bracket on the driver's side strut tower to keep it from shredding the filter... a proper foam/rubber cap is going on there tomorrow.

It JUST fits, and I love how far over the filter is... it's better for cooler air for sure, and it's easier to hear :ph34r:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Dude that looks soooo much nicer under your hood than it ever did mine!

I'm so jealous! It's like that intake was made for your twisted lil spi B)

I miss the sound it made already :(

Just wait til you get you're TB, then you'll hear some boom unda tha hood!

I think you should look into getting your valve cover chromed, that would look sick

l8r
G
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
lookin good adam!! now we gotta get together again to check it out !
that intake has gota be loud, when I had the ractive thats what I loved about it the most was the cool sound it made :)

smith21,Jun 27 2005, 09:24 PM Wrote:lookin good adam!! now we gotta get together again to check it out !
[right][snapback]117985[/snapback][/right]

We'll be in Suds this weekend for Canada Day, man. I'll have your cell # on me, we'll do Timmies again :D

And Kevin, it's DAMN loud! And seat-o-tha-pants says the mid-range picked up a tad as well... there's ZERO flatness compared to prior to the plugwires and intake swap.

Normally, especially in 2nd when rolling out around a corner (at a traffic light, etc) it would sorta "drop off" or bog some as the engine slowly made its way to 2500+ RPM. Now with both swaps done, it's night and day. It just pulls through, and the damn needle never swept that quick before through 40-60KPH in second. I wish I had remembered the damn reducer before we came down, Gord :( It would have made the drive home more fun.

2nd gear is much more fun and eventful now :lol: I haven't had it on the highway except for a brief stint down the bypass, so a good 140+ KPH run is yet to come.

Money. Well. Spent.

EDIT - it's worth noting I made a few 0-80 and 40-100 pulls in the sludge they call air that has invaded North Bay of late. It's like Hamilton all over again, you can see it 50ft away! I can't wait for a cooler-weather set of runs.

I think it looks way too crammed in there, but if you like it, good job :)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Bah.. You did all the hard work this time. All I did was supervise. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 27 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:Bah.. You did all the hard work this time.  All I did was supervise.  :D
[right][snapback]118017[/snapback][/right]
Supervision is the most important part, you need to know who to blame and also be able to explain the process when being congratulated. :lol:

Looks good though.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
You need an engine degrease!
Actually, I'm terrified of de-greasing my engine... never done one before, and I don't wanna short anything out or wreck anything.

Does anyone have a n00bified guide on doing this?

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 28 2005, 09:11 AM Wrote:Actually, I'm terrified of de-greasing my engine... never done one before, and I don't wanna short anything out or wreck anything.

Does anyone have a n00bified guide on doing this?
[right][snapback]118074[/snapback][/right]

This is the way I do it...

I start with a cold engine. Some start with a warm one, some hot....some use the pressure washer :blink:

With the turbo and how sensitive my car is to water, I actually take out my intake and plug the other end with a clean rag. I put a plastic bag over my sparks plugs, coil pack, Altenator, MAF Sensor, O2 Sensor (wires are exposed from putting the AF Guauge), and anywhere else I feel paranoid about. lol. Seems like a lot, butI'm terrified of screwing something in there also. Plus my car runs like s**t just after washing it :o I always had problems with my car and the rain, even when it was just stock, with the turbo its worse. Cant wait to go to Jay to figure some stuff out.

I then use a spray bottle with water and start applying a mist over the entire engine bay. After that I use some degreaser, I use Citrous Degreaser, it works well, simple green will do it to. Same thing, I spray mist over everything, and let it soak for about 2-3 minutes. Then I rinse with a hose with NO attachments on it, and turn it on so the water is just trickling out. I use a heavy duty Rag (more than 1 ) and start rinsing a wiping away grime with it.

I ususally use black chrome or Tire dressant to polish up all the black parts like, Battery cover, intake pipe, valve cover, vaccum hoses, etc after the wash is done.

[Image: DSCF1036.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
and yes, you really need to clean your engine bay :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Swank, I just printed that out. Thanks Nate!

Why the heck aren't you on MSN? I wanted to hear more about your "ideas" for the car :ph34r:

[Image: IMG_1093.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1018.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0966.jpg]

It's easy, and with results like this, I can't figure out why someone WOULDN'T want to do it.
I agree completely, I just didn't want to ruin anything under the hood due to water damage, corrosion, etc... which is why I asked for the n00b-level guide :)

can't you just put that degreaser in a bucket of water, trying not to dilute it too much put rag in bucket and wet, then rub? or go with a rag dipped in water to wet the engine, then apply degreaser directly on the rag then goto town?

Ive never done this either... never had an urge to show off my engine to anyone and I don't goto shows so meh... but if I were to do it I would attempt my ideas first.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Jul 18 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:can't you just put that degreaser in a bucket of water, trying not to dilute it too much put rag in bucket and wet, then rub?  or go with a rag dipped in water to wet the engine, then apply degreaser directly on the rag then goto town?

Ive never done this either... never had an urge to show off my engine to anyone and I don't goto shows so meh...  but if I were to do it I would attempt my ideas first.
[right][snapback]123133[/snapback][/right]

yah want to know a good way to degrease your engine bay this is the way to do it.

Get yourself some castrol super clean and dilute it 5:1 or a can of gunk engine degreaser and spray your engine down good, making sure all sensor's and intake are covered with tin foil or something else suitable for the job. Scrub all the nasty spots with a brush then leave sit for 5-10 mins then hose it all down. After wipe all dry with a towel. Then take a hlf ass vinyl and rubber dressing like armour all or something and wipe down the engine bay plastic and rubber, buff of access and Pow u have a nice lookin engine bay like A.D's :)
My Mom Says I'm Special
seeing as we are on the topic of engine bay cleaning, anybody get their car rust sprayed and get that yellow'ey looking grease feeling s**t all over the place in their engine bay? how do i get this off, other than using a cloth, will the degreaser and a lil elbow grease work? or will i need more?