Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K&n Cone On Stock Tubing?
Has any one ever removed the stock airbox and installed a K&N cone filter onto the MAF while leaving the stock tubing to the throttle body. If so, were there ANY fabrications required or did it clamp right onto the MAF flange, about 3 3/8" outside diameter, and which model filter and crankcase filter did you use?

'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Butchered Air-Box Bracket
Mothers Ulta High-Speed Wax
I did exactly what you mentioned. I added a K&N right onto the maf and secured it with the supplied hose clamp. It works real good, but I don't have any part numbers or anything.
MAlby7,Jul 26 2004, 10:13 PM Wrote:I did exactly what you mentioned. I added a K&N right onto the maf and secured it with the supplied hose clamp. It works real good, but I don't have any part numbers or anything.
Help the poor guy out anyone have these part numbers :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Also crankcase breather filter part # would help.
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Duhh, I guess I already asked for the crankcase filter part #...Anyhow MALBy have you knowticed any proformance / fuel ecconomy increase since doing this mod?
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
any filter change will increase ur fuel milage those k&n breath alot better...i got the tubing for the look or else i would have done the same thing as malby.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
RU-3130 for the tube and RU-3230 for the breather.

I have both if you want them; they need to be cleaned but they were only used for about 4 months. I have a vibrant breather filter, but there is not a whole lot of pressure on it (mostly vaccuum). THe Vibrant breather is still cotton, so you can clean and oil it as well.

There yours for $20
Thanks for the info Gumby. Why are you selling yours after 4 months use?
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Finally broke down and got the parts from Napa. $35 for the crankcase breather and $50 for the air. Only had them on for a few days so still don't know if I will save gas or use more from matting it all the time.Gotta love that new growl from up front.
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  K&n Cone On A Stock Snorkle? SliverSteeda 7 2,317 12-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Last Post: snorcus