Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're rusty when...
MAF sensor removal - I got lazy and removed the housing and sensor from the intake tract Tongue but only because the torx bolts weren't quite torx bolts.

I remember hearing them being called "security" torx bolts.

When it comes time to remove that MAF for whatever reason, how the hell do you get it out? And why don't I recall having this issue with the SPI?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I had to remove the MAF twice , once when I have installed the short ram intake and then when I have replaced it with the cold air intake , but never had a problem with the little bolts .

(11-09-2010, 10:38 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: MAF sensor removal - I got lazy and removed the housing and sensor from the intake tract Tongue but only because the torx bolts weren't quite torx bolts.

I remember hearing them being called "security" torx bolts.

When it comes time to remove that MAF for whatever reason, how the hell do you get it out? And why don't I recall having this issue with the SPI?
They are called Tamper Proof Torx Bolts. The one with the tit in the middle. My K&N Intake came with the tool when I needed to swap the MAF over. I still have it kicking around here somewhere. Or you can get a set at Princess Auto for less than $20 I think.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
This is what you need:
http://www.princessauto.com/workshop/han...ty-bit-set
You can get a two pack at Canadian Tire for under $5 bucks. They are in the drill bit section. Can't remember the size though...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
i have these at home adam if you need them.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Thanks for all of the feedback boys, much appreciated. I finally managed to sort out the last of the stumbles and such. Oscar, I may need to borrow them later.

Cleaning the MAF yesterday with Oscar's electronics cleaner helped, but the real culprit was definitely... wait for it... the @%@$#% FING Steeda 8MM wires!

Driving it around since I bought it from Stan, it was always a bitch to get it to pull through 6K. It would go, but it dragged its ass doing so. Pulling through in 3rd? Fuggedaboutit. Just grab 4th.

Uh, not now. *evil grin*. Now it's as smooth as my old ZX5.

Given how it drove with the new plugs, coilpack and fuel filter vs. now with the new wires - wow. And the OE replacements are 8mm apparently. That's more than good enough for me until I go FI in the spring.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
T20 bit.