Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should I Do?
So ive been dreaming of a car and i found exactly what i was looking for at a reasonable $$

Sexy Time!

Should i sell the svtf for a svt cobra? Do i sell the focus private? Do i trade it in?
Should i drive out there to test her out?

Or do i sit on it for a bit?
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
I take cars for test drives on the weekend just for fun!

I say go take it for a spin but leave your wallet at home.
This will give you an opportunity to really think it over.
At the end of the day it comes down to money.
Don't forget about insurance costs either.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Alec Brandon,Apr 16 2007, 12:52 PM Wrote:I take cars for test drives on the weekend just for fun!

I say go take it for a spin but leave your wallet at home.
This will give you an opportunity to really think it over.
At the end of the day it comes down to money.
Don't forget about insurance costs either.
[right][snapback]234915[/snapback][/right]

Im 613 he is 416 so test drive might be hard
insurance is not the problem
$$ of the car is not a problem
The fact ill need 2 buy 2 cars (winter beater) is kinda a piss off
$$ of gas is a con
+ dont tell anyone but i want to keep the little focus
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

In a perfect world, keep the Focus as your winter car. Return the Focus to a reasonably stock vehicle. You would have the best of both worlds. A fast straight line vehicle, and a "fast twsty bits" vehicle
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
So much claimed horsepower + no KMs listed = suspect car. I'm a pessimist I guess, but that's the way I'm reading it.

You have a really sweet SVT... I'd go for a Procharger for it and call it a day. Hell, for the cost of the Mustang you could do the Kugel V8 swap with a decent crate motor and transmission. Then, get a cheap winter beater and have a Focus with a V8 burble for the summer.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
everyone knows that Mustangs are fast.......but if u mod that SVTF and as u say u have money for it.....u will suprise alot of cars including some V8's
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yes the km's and a possibe accident are a possibility so i contacted them and am waiting on a response.

if i keep the focus ill prob go xios + quaife = goodtimes
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

*Vulture swoops in*

If you're really going to trade in the SVTf please let me know. I'd be interested in a couple of items on it.....

if you can afford the payments for both cars then go for it, and just look for some $1000-3000 beater there are crap loads of those round here...
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Car is from US. It has 29000 miles. It was a theft recovery with interior, wheels and some body parts gone. Read more in here at post #20. Linky
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Superhypershady.

Just stay away. It's a rebuild. It was stolen. The "GM" of the dealer is fighting with customers (good and bad ones) on a message board.

I'd go hunting for something else.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
To good to be true, at a Ford dealer an cobra is still above $30000. If it is a recovery you never know what was done, even used with muslce cars you need to be very careful how they were treated,
David.
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Here is a MUCH better deal on a MUCH better car.

Cobra F.S.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Apr 16 2007, 10:20 PM Wrote:Here is a MUCH better deal on a MUCH better car.

Cobra F.S.
[right][snapback]235046[/snapback][/right]

Thats such a nice mustang. Wish i could afford a $30 000 car and the insurance that would go with it.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

bluetoy,Apr 16 2007, 11:20 PM Wrote:Here is a MUCH better deal on a MUCH better car.

Cobra F.S.
[right][snapback]235046[/snapback][/right]

thats miesters car, hes on this forum and works at steeda
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs